Welcome to Sanford Middle School PTSA!
At Sanford Middle School, we are not a PTA. We are a PTSA which is a Parent, Teacher, and Student Association. Our goal is to support our students, teachers and staff with fun and purposeful events and programs to help them thrive during their time at Sanford Middle School.
When you join Sanford Middle School PTSA, you become part of a community. You choose how and when you want to become involved. We offer benefits and opportunities to fit your family.
- Ways to support your child. Weekly email with upcoming event information and current needs. Regular and consistent Facebook and Instagram posts and discussions.
- A supportive community. Middle school is tough, and it takes a village to raise a child. The PTSA Board and our more seasoned members are here to answer any questions you have.
- Opportunities to be with the kids. Most middle school kids are craving independence; PTSA provides opportunities to be involved in school without direct presence in your child’s life.
(Yes! They actually like have us ‘around’.)
- PTSA Fun Pass. A laminated card that grants student members access to members treats, members only events and the ability to skip to the front of the school store line.
- Leadership Opportunities. Student members may volunteer at events such as Schedule Pick-Up, Open House, Magnet Night, Awards Ceremonies, Concession Stand and the School Store.
- Social Skills and Self-Advocacy. PTSA communicates with student members via their school email regarding how to use their PTSA Fun Pass and leadership opportunities. Student members give feedback regarding items they would like in the School Store, future programs and events.
- Teacher Grants. PTSA issues grants to our teachers for additional classroom supplies, special projects, and extracurricular programs.
- A supportive community. PTSA Members and parents on campus to partner on events and programs as well as provide encouragement in the form of staff events, supplies, and smiles.
- School Spirit! Each year SMS staff receives a free t-shirt specific for that year as well as discounts on spirit wear.
Join today and become a member of the fastest growing PTSA in Seminole County!
(Highest Post-Pandemic Growth Rate in 21-22 School Year in the Seminole County Council of PTAs)
22-23 SMS PTSA President